Monday, February 14, 2011

EASY PILLOW!!!

I made this pillow the other day so I could add some blue around the house.. And I was surprised how easy it was!! So, for all you people out there spending 40$ on a pillow like this.. STOP NOW!! This pillow cost me 4 bucks, took me about 30 minutes, and I got to let my inner pyro out!!

Here are the very easy steps:
1. Buy a pillow.. basic. (I got mine at Ikea for 99 cents)
2. Buy some Organza fabric ( mine was $3 a yard. and I got 1yd.)
3. Get out your hot glue gun, and LIGHTER!
4. Cut organza into 3ish inch strips and burn all the way down each edge.
5. Hot glue the fabric in a spiral starting on the outer edge onto the pillow...

then..... Wa LA!!
you go from this......

TO THIS!!!

4 comments:

Erin and Cory said...

ok im making one of these!! super awesome!!

Unknown said...

um! freaking cute!

Unknown said...

haha ^ thats me (Jess) signed in under my brothers account??? oopse

Anonymous said...

Its starts to look silly when everything is matchy matchy. That print would look great with a rich color like dark blue or even a pop of fuscia. (;