Friday, February 18, 2011

M!!! for MEHR!

Okay.. So, This is what my door looked like two days ago.. Embarrassing.. I know. My poor beaten wreath is gone now and replaced with a fun, bright, "Wishing sping was here" M.
And Here is how I made it!

These I bought at Wal-mart for cheap.. Get as many as you need for you letter. Mine is a M

First you cut them into the shape you need...

Then hot glue them together. (very easy right?)

Here is my Marvelous M glued!

the cover it with fabric, so the foam doesn't show through.

Now you glue on the fabric flowers (how to make these is on the next post)
Glue big ones on first then work in the smaller ones.

Add some buttons and ribbon, AND.... you have an Awesome, Bright, M!!
(or other letter)

Take a closer look!!! I am in love!

If you aren't in to the scrappy look try and more subtle approach. I made these flower balls a year (ish) ago, with the same (foam) idea in mind. But I used round balls and just poked the flowers in. You could do the some thing with your foam letter!!



here you can see the foam..

hope that inspires you! Happy crafting,
HALEY

3 comments:

Jess Mangum said...

fun bright and cute!

Em said...

that is dang cute. putting martha stewart to shame!

Unknown said...

Hey Haley!
We love your blog and we nominated you for stylish blogger award! :)
tatteredtoflattered.blogspot.com